Overcoming the oral health hazards of being a teen is no easy task. Not only are teens confronted with their final set of adult teeth growing in, but there is a multitude of pressures and risks to one’s oral health that most teens will have to face daily. However, the excitement of a better smile awaits with teenage dentistry. The key to understanding teenage dentistry includes the following:
– Do not fall victim to bad habits that can ruin a smile, including smoking, drinking, and using drugs.
– Shelter your smile by visiting your dentist for regular checkups and bi-annual professional cleanings.
– Remove risks to your mouth such as mouth jewelry which can cause infections, crack or chip teeth, cut or slice your gums, or become choking hazards.
– Be sure to wear protective gear such as mouth guards, face masks, and helmets when playing contact sports or any other similar high-risk activity.
– Try to brush your teeth twice daily and floss at least once daily.
If you would like to have your teenage teeth inspected by our team at Scheer Dentistry, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Brick Scheer and our team at our dentist office in Wichita, Kansas. To schedule a visit, please call us at (316) 333-6214. A happy smile is a healthy smile!