Galileos 3D Panoramic Imaging
Cutting-Edge Technology at Our Wichita Dental Practice
Scheer Dentistry is committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of dental care possible. To do that, we utilize advanced dental technology during your treatments. For years, Dr. Brick Scheer has been using the Galileos 3D Panoramic X-ray to locate, diagnose, and treat a series of oral issues early on. With accurate and detailed images of your oral health, our dentist can provide early treatment and help you avoid further and more painful, and expensive complications in the future.
We welcome you to learn more by calling our office today at (316) 333-6214.
Why We Use Panoramic X-Rays
In order to provide you with the best possible care, it is essential for our dentist to accurately evaluate and diagnose your oral health. One of the state-of-the-art tools we use to do that is panoramic X-rays. While standard X-rays, called bitewing X-rays, provide us with a view of a few teeth and the supporting bone structure, panoramic X-rays allow us to view the full upper and lower dental arches – including all of the teeth, the upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures.
Using panoramic X-rays, our oral health professionals can:
- Assess the need for orthodontics and evaluate the progress of treatment
- Diagnose impacted wisdom teeth and other impacted teeth
- Analyze the development of periodontal disease
- Evaluate the TMJ (jaw joint) and diagnose a TMJ disorder
- Detect oral cancer
- Plan dental implant placement
- Diagnose cavities (tooth decay) and other dental problems
- Evaluate the extent of dental and/or facial trauma
- Detect abscesses, cysts, and tumors
Using the panoramic X-ray machine is fast and comfortable. The machine simply rotates around your head and provides our dentist with high-definition, nearly instantaneous images that we can then use to evaluate your oral health.
We invite you to contact or visit us today to learn more about panoramic X-rays.